Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Greetings

It's just one week until I leave for Mexico. I finally got the Customs approval for bringing in the books. Every year it takes until the last minute. Two years ago I started the paperwork in October and barely got it done in time. Last year I decided to start a little earlier, but it still took until the last minute. This year, I applied for permission in JULY, but sure enough, I just got approval 2 days ago. Sigh...

There will be three of us flying down this year. My cousin Randy is a world traveler and someone who is always on the lookout for how he can make the world a better place. Mike Leonard is my mentor and role model. He's been doing the same work in Honduras for several years and has taught me the business side. While we're doing the work, we'll be brainstorming about how to be even more effective.

The hard part is leaving Joan and Katie for Thanksgiving. I love turkey and dressing and I love the long day of cooking, eating, playing games. I also hate to leave my class for two days. They are so much fun to be with... every day is precious with them.

While I'm in Mexico, I will try to update this blog every day. I'll also try to add photos. It depends on internet access, which is always iffy. Plan to check every day.  Feel free to post comments and ask questions. I'll answer them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment