Sunday, November 13, 2011

Leaving soon for Mexico

     I used the long weekend to get the libraries ready for Mexico. On Friday, seven of my students came to school to help prepare the books. We put labelled cards into each book and then sorted them into the eight libraries. The libraries are the best we have ever taken down, because over the years, Mike Leonard and I have been able to filter out the books that the kids don't like as much.
     My class and I are going to spend some time this week creating some bookmarks that will tell the Mexican students a little bit about us and be fun to keep. We will talk about differences and similarities between us and kids in Mexico.
     I have created a suggestion sheet for the Mexican teachers. This explains more about strategies for using the library every day. It will tell them how important it is for the kids to take home a book every day and talks to them about the value of "just right" books.
     We will spend this week making last minute plans and packing.

No comments:

Post a Comment